|7:00pm - 9:00pm||Advent Evening of Confessions|
|5:00pm||Children’s Program, 4:30pm followed by Christmas Eve Family Mass|
|7:00pm||Christmas Eve Mass|
|11:30pm||Christmas Cantata Concert, 11:00pm followed by Christmas Eve Late Night Bilingual Mass|
|9:00am, 10:30am, and 5:00pm||Christmas Day Masses|
|12:30pm||Misa, Día de Navidad|
|5:30pm Bilingual Mass||Vigil of Mary Mother of God, New Year’s Eve|
|9:00am, 10:30am, 5:00pm||Mary Mother of God, New Year’s Day Masses|
|12:30pm||Misa, Dia de Maria, Madre de Dios, Año Nuevo|
Third Sunday of Advent : December 16, 2018
FROM THE PASTOR'S DESK
Michael W. Davis
The “Seekers” Bible Study Group will be meeting on the following Mondays from 10:30am to 12 noon in the Parish Office Center:
- December 17th
For more information call, Katy Dunn (305) 443-5947 or Mercy Gonzalez (305) 986-1140
Wednesday, December 19th
In addition to our normal opportunities for confessions each Saturday morning from 8:30am to 10:00am, there will be a specially scheduled evening of confessions, with multiple priests present, on Wednesday, December 19th, from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
All are invited to come and be cleansed as we spiritually prepare for Christmas and beyond.
Do you know the spiritual significance of devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. In the vestibule of our church we have a gorgeous statue of the Sacred Heart, which has been for years an object of intense devotion and reverence by our parishioners. Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque, a French mystic, who died in 1690, had visions of Christ in which he revealed to her the value of devotion to His Sacred Heart.
Here is a listing of the promises, which Our Lord articulated in Saint Margaret's visions:
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life;
- I will establish peace in their families;
- I will console them in all of their troubles;
- They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of their death;
- I will pour abundant blessings upon all their undertakings;
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source of an infinite ocean of mercy;
- Tepid souls shall become fervent;
- Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection;
- I will bless the homes where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored;
- I will give to priests the power of touching the most hardened of hearts;
- Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be effaced;
- The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under my displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My Heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.
Proposed by active parishioners, on Saturday, January 26th, from 9:00am to 1:00pm, the parish will be offering a Morning of Recollection for all ministry heads, ministry participants in ALL of our 55 parish groups, ministries, and services, EMHCs, Lectors, catechists, Parish Council and Finance Council members, Emmaus core teams, retreat programs, choir and music ministry, ushers, environment and arts, Scripture studies, Coffee with Catholics, Catholics in Public Square, COTLF Charities, and those serving the homeless.
The morning will include spiritual talks, socialization, group dynamics, prayer, and lunch. Should be fun and enriching! Mark your calendars and join us.
We recently found out that a number of weekly attendees at the Church of the Little Flower, whom we presumed to be official parishioners, did not receive our annual Christmas card. The reason: their names and addresses are NOT in our data base or we have old information that needs updating! This, of course, is easy to resolve through the easy-to-use self-service online portal. Membership has its benefits! We want all of the good people of our community to be accounted for, supported, included, and known.
Login today and officially become part of one of the great Catholic parishes in South Florida!
Registering as a new parishioner OR updating your family information has never been easier. Every COTLF family has the ability to access their parish registry record from the convenience of home or right from your smart devices!
- Simply create a “My Own Church” username and password and you’ll be able to review the information we have on file, provide updates if you’ve moved or changed your phone or email, find your envelope number, view your contribution history, and more.
- Gaining access to the “My Own Church” portal takes only a minute. Just click here
- Once you are matched to an existing record, or had new record created, you’ll be granted full access to update your family details and remain informed of all the good things happening at COTLF! As always, you are welcome to call or visit the parish office for any assistance with registering or updating your contact information, as well.
Throughout this season of Advent, parishioners are invited to bring new and wrapped gifts to the COTLF Giving Tree, located in the vestibule of the Church, by the Ushers’ closet.
Donated gifts are collected by the Sisters of Charity, who run a shelter in Downtown Miami. Please be sure to mark donated gifts with a tag identifying the appropriate age range of the recipient and whether the gift would be suitable for a boy or for a girl.
Your generosity in support of those on the margins of our community is most graciously appreciated!
Father Davis will personally be offering in English a series of “walking” tours of the art, furnishings and sacred architecture of the Church of the Little Flower for the enjoyment of parishioners, tourists, and visitors alike. The 45-minute “free” tours will begin outside the front door of church. All are welcome to participate, learn and enjoy.
- December 17th at 3:00pm and 7:00pm
- December 28th 3:00pm and 7:00pm
- January 7th at 3:00pm and 7:00pm
As we enter into the Liturgical Season of Advent, a season of penitence and hopeful expectation leading us to the grand celebration of Christmas, consider incorporating Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament to your weekly or daily routine on your journey of faith!
The Blessed Sacrament is exposed every morning, Monday thru Friday, from 9:00am to 12:00pm, in the newly renovated Parish Office Chapel. All are welcome to pray before the Real Presence.
“Oh, come, let us adore Him!”
Sixteen months from now, March 6 - 15, 2020, Father Davis will be leading yet another trip to the land made holy by the footsteps of Jesus, the Holy Land of Israel. Good things, like the trip of a lifetime, are worth planning for! In 2020, Easter will be in late April, and so the 10-day pilgrimage will take place the Friday after Ash Wednesday.
Organized by the nationally renowned Catholic Travel Centre in Burbank, California, the trip will make stops at many places of biblical fame, and will be the best investment you could ever make in your Catholic life of faith. Nazareth, Bethlehem, Cana, Galilee, the Mount of Beatitudes, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, the Via Dolorosa, and the Jordan River are among the highlights. Brochures will be available after May 15, 2019.
To get your name on the mailing list, call Irma Aguilar, (305) 446-9950, ext.314. There are already 32 people on the list!